| ASTM & NACE Corrosion Tests || High Temperature Oxidation Studies |
| General Exposure Testing || Environmentally-assisted Cracking |
| Localized Corrosion || Determining Corrosion Rate |
| Stress Corrosion Cracking Testing || Electrochemical Hydrogen Permeation |
| Immersion Corrosion Testing || Polarization Resistance |
| Salt Spray Testing || Reactivation Pp/Ec Trend Studies |
| Humidity Chamber Testing || Materials & Coating Selection |
| Corrosion Rate Determination || Slow Strain Rate & Hydrogen Testing |
| Corrosion Immersion Testing || Atmospheric Corrosion Testing & Evaluation |
| Full Electrochemical Corrosion Testing || Hydrogen Embrittlement Testing |
| Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy || Special Corrosion Testing |
At MATCO, we specialize in conducting corrosion testing and failure analysis investigations. This requires not only a laboratory that features state of the art equipment, but an extensively trained multidisciplinary professional staff as well. The Corrosion Testing and Product Development Laboratory, located in Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania , has been in existence since 1993 and is one of the premier corrosion testing and inspection facilities in the Northeast.
Our recent field investigations have included major condenser failures in West Virginia, failure of paint/galvanizing coatings on galvanized structural members of the Aloha stadium in Hawaii, analysis of failures of salt-water plumbing on a luxury yacht in Antigua, failures of cathodic protection systems in a submarine tunnel in Chesapeake Bay, failures of polyuria roofing systems in a university in south Florida, corrosion of lead-coated copper roofing in a government building in Illinois, and analysis of the incipient failure of concrete in the dome of the State Capitol building in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Corrosion Pit on Type 316 stainless steel due to acidic chlorides
The investigation of corrosion failures can be very complex, and usually requires multidisciplinary testing and analysis to determine the root cause of failure. The end determination must be able to be made with a high degree of certainty to ensure that proper replacement materials are selected and that the most effective corrosion control methods are used. Experience is surely the most important ingredient to look for when choosing a materials firm to handle your corrosion control and failure analysis needs.
Specialists in Corrosion Engineering & Failure Analysis
Experienced PE, PhD Scientists, NACE Certified in Corrosion, Coating, Design , Materials Selection & Cathodic Protection Specialists who will solve your corrosion problems at both initial design stages and in service. We have been providing corrosion engineering services for over 3000 clients.
- Corrosion Engineering and Cathodic Protection of Production /Transmission Facilities: (a) Underground (b)Above Ground (c) Marine Environment
- Corrosion Evaluation, life expectancy determination and cathodic protection of electrical poles and transmission lattices
- Corrosion mapping, detection of "Hot Spots", cathodic protection of reinforced concrete structures
- Explosions/Fire Investigation forensic engineering
- Electrochemical EIS , DC and AC Testing - Determination of cathodic protection criteria for non-ferrous alloys and stainless steels
- On-site Evaluation of tanks and corrosion mitigation by protective coatings and internal or external Cathodic Protection
- Corrosivity determination of soil, water and determination of corrosion mitigation techniques
- On-site coating evaluation and selection of coatings for specific corrosive environments by EIS technique
The Next Step...
While MATCO has the expertise and the technology to unravel even the most difficult material failures, your input is vital for a complete analysis. By filling out the service request form and giving us a description of the problem, you can be sure that all aspects of your problem will be considered. We’ll send you a proposal for your work, including methods and costs. Solutions are just around the corner!