| ASTM Tensile Testing and Compression || High Cycle and Low Cycle Fatigue Tests |
| 3-point Bend and 4-point Bend || Fatigue Crack Growth Rate (ASTM E647) |
| Peel Tests || Microhardness, Rockwell and Brinell |
| Impact Testing (5-320ft-lbs) || Wear and Friction Tests |
| Fracture Toughness (ASTM E399) || |
Tensile, bend , shear, fatigue and impact testing of metals, plastics and composites is performed per ASTM specification. Specialities include fracture mechanics, fatigue crack growth, and thermal fatigue tests. Facilities for custom-designed tests, wear and corrosion cracking studies in high-temperature gas/liquids are available. Extensive experience and a comprehensive quality program ensure accurate, reproducible results.
Mechanical testing instrumentation includes the following:
- Instron, Model 1333, 110 kips capacity, Servo Hydraulic Test Instruments
- Instron Model 1332, 20 kips capacity Servo hydraulic Test Instruments
- Instron, 20, 10, and 1 kips capacity, Screwdriven System (5 machines) Model 1011
- Ametaco, 250 kips capacity Servo hydraulic Test Instruments
- MTS pc with Test Works 2.0 Software for ASTM tensile testing, compression, 3-point bend, 4-point bend, peel tests, high cycle and low cycle fatigue tests, fracture mechanics tests, and fatigue crack growth rate tests.
- Fatigue Dynamics Rotating Beam Machine for custom corrosion testing at elevated temperatures.
- Fatigue Dynamics VSS-40H Bending Machine.
- Satec Impact test(5-320ft-lbs)
- Instrument Impact test
- Shimadzu HMV-2000 Microhardness Measurement Unit with Vickers, Knoop, and Triangular Pyramid Indentors.
- Wilson Digital Rockwell and Superficial Hardness Tester
- Brinell Hardness Tester
- Wear and Friction Tests (Coring Machine)
The Next Step...While MATCO has the expertise and the technology to unravel even the most difficult material failures, your input is vital for a complete analysis. By filling out the service request form and giving us a description of the problem, you can be sure that all aspects of your problem will be considered. We’ll send you a proposal for your work, including methods and costs. Solutions are just around the corner!