Redefining Excellence in Bus Construction
As the heart of your substation, a reliable bus is critical. But on-site bus construction can be time consuming, expensive and, at times, suffer from a lack of available resources or engineering on site. When constructed indoors, pre-fabricated bus systems from Valmont® Utility are a fast and inexpensive way to get a better quality bus that only requires simple installation once it’s shipped to the field.
But where some simply shift construction from outdoors to indoors, we see a chance to do more—a chance to build buses the right way. At Valmont Utility, that means:
- 3D Modeling, Augmented Reality and LIDAR Scanning—It not only facilitates more exacting bus construction but helps minimize unforeseen issues that could arise during field installation.
- Proprietary Jigs—We engineered and built our own jigs and fixtures to ensure more precise bus construction, while reducing waste and potential delays that could occur during field installation.
- World-Class Engineering—Our reputation for being the best in the world includes custom solutions for buses of all sizes and specifications.
- Larger Voltages—Valmont Utility can design and manufacture buses to handle loads from 5kV to 500 kV.
- Special Requirements—Does your bus need to stand up to high winds, heavy ice, subzero or triple-digit temps? No matter the requirements, we’ll design and build a bus that exceeds them.
- Complex Structures—Our focus on finding the right solutions for our customers has helped us develop an expertise in the design and build of complex bus structures.
- Choice—We can deliver your system in welded, bolted, compressed, or hybrid modules.
A Better Way to Build
At Valmont Utility, we work with the industry’s best providers of switches, circuit breakers and other components to ensure that your bus performs to your specifications. And factory built buses from Valmont Utility offer so much more:
- Cost Savings—Because factory construction takes less time, it saves money versus on-site bus construction costs.
- Minimal Weather Impact—Building inside means the weather is ideal for bus construction every day.
- Safer Environment—Safety challenges for workers on-site are virtually eliminated with the control and predictability of factory construction.
- The Best Available Resources—By building in a designated facility, workers have immediate access to the resources they need—tooling, components, engineering. They’re not limited by what can be carried into the field.
- Faster Installation—A bus that might take multiple days to construct in the field can now be installed in a matter of hours.
- Labor Shortage—Recruiting and retaining specialized craftsmen is difficult—especially during a labor shortage. CEC eliminates recruiting worries and puts the industry’s best to work building your substation.
Whether you need to replace an existing bus run, have an entire yard delivered, or need one built for a new substation, contact us. We will design and build a bus that integrates seamlessly, performs flawlessly, and delivers on the promise of the world-class structures you’ve come to expect from Valmont Utility.
Want to learn more about bus system construction from Valmont Utility? Explore our FAQ or contact us today.