Lattice Towers: The Best Structures Start With the Best Service
Lattice towers are the workhorse of the world’s electric grid. Just mention lattice towers, and images of angles, plates and fasteners first come to mind. Not with Valmont® Utility. When we talk lattice, we want you to think of people first. Every tower we create has to meet your specifications and your customers’ expectations.
Powered By People
- Customer Service—Our global support teams are dedicated to earning your trust. If we don’t, then we can’t expect to earn your business.
- Experience—Behind every structure stands a Valmont Utility leadership team whose experience in global lattice tower design and production averages 18 years.
- Engineering—Using PLS-TOWER software, Valmont engineers custom design every aspect of your tower to ensure it meets all line design objectives, loading specifications and site requirements
- Project management—Your Valmont Utility project manager oversees all the details necessary to ensure your project delivers as specified. What’s more, he/she communicates with you every step of the way.
Backed By Innovation
Built in 2013, our 980,000 sq. ft. lattice facility features innovations like CNC machines integrated with CAD software, tracking systems that ensure 100% parts traceability and precise labeling to simplify field installation. Our manufacturing processes includes:
- Detailing—Following design approval, 3D detailing helps determine joints, bolt-nuts, plate sizes, assembly and construction points. It also determines Bill of Materials, as well as Erection and Shop Drawings, minimizing human error.
- Prototype Assembly—To ensure fit, each new tower design is assembled horizontally before mass production.
- Load Testing—Each new tower design is constructed at the test site, calibrated, rigged and tested to your specifications.
- Bar-Code Bundling—Each part is labeled with a unique bar code to ensure that every component bundle is complete prior to shipping. This simplifies construction and helps eliminate the delays caused by missing parts.
- Delivery—From port to lay-down yard and all points in between, we track the shipment of your lattice tower components to ensure they arrive as expected, when promised.
- Replacement Parts—Our global network of service centers is dedicated to delivering the replacement parts and hardware you need anywhere in the world.
Learn more about lattice towers: Download our cut sheet or contact your Valmont Utility representative. Valmont has partnered with Locweld in North America.